What is Python and It's Features
The article will cover all the introductory points of python. Python creates a new sensation in the world of programming language because of its features. If you are a beginner in the programming language than python is the best to start with. To make you understand the introduction of python, in brief we will discuss the following basic topics:
- What is python?
- What are the features of python?
What is Python?
Python is an interpreted, high-level object-oriented scripting language. It is designed in c-language. Guido Van Rossum is the founder of this most demanding and simple language. You can easily create any simple as well as complex programs with the help of python. It supports all the features of object-oriented as well as a procedural oriented programming language.
Features of Python
- Easy to learn: Python is one of the easiest languages to learn.
- Easy to understand: If you don’t have any prior knowledge of any programming language and you want to learn programming language. Then, python is the best option to start.
- Interpreted Language: It reads a code line by line. If an error encounter, it will pause and show the error message. After removing an error, the interpreter again starts from the first line of the program code.
- Free and open-source: It is freely available on its official website. Open source means you are allowed to update and add the new features in python. It provides the Python Enhancement Proposal documentation file in which you can do all the updations by your end. It also provides you a facility to circulate the modified version to others.
- Platform Independent: It is not dependent on any of the platforms. It runs equally on all platforms such as Windows, macOS, and linux.
- Object Oriented Language: It supports all the object-oriented functionalities. Following are the object-oriented characteristics:
The only characteristic which is difficult to implement in python is encapsulation. It is a bit difficult to encapsulate the methods and variables in the class.
- Large Standard Library: It has a rich set module. You don’t need to write a code for every single operation. For example, if you want to perform a sorting operation, then you can simply import a math module and call a sort() function.
- Dynamically Typed Language: Like other programming languages, there is no need to specify the data type of a variable. The data type of variable is decided at run time.
- Extensible Language: It facilitates you to write the code in c/c++ language. You can also compile it in c/c++ language.
- GUI support: Python is used in creating a graphical app.