Know about Python | Why Python?
Python is a general purpose, dynamic, high level and interpreted programming language. It supports an Object-Oriented programming approach to develop applications. It is simple and easy to learn and provides lots of high-level data structures.
Initially developed in the late 1980’s by Guido Van Rossum, Python has been around for decades alongside other server-side languages like Java and C. Van Rossum modelled Python after the English language, eliminating unnecessary syntax to make it easier to read and write than other programming languages.
Advantages of Python:
- Easy to Read, Learn and Write
- Improved Productivity
- Interpreted Language
- Dynamically Typed
- Free and Open-Source
Features of Python
- Easy to learn, easy to read and easy to maintain.
- Portable: It can run on various hardware platforms and has the same interface on all platforms.
- Extendable: You can add low-level modules to the Python interpreter.
- Scalable: Python provides a good structure and support for large programs.
- Python has support for an interactive mode of testing and debugging.
- Python has a broad standard library cross-platform.
- Everything in Python is an object: variables, functions, even code. Every object has an ID, a type, and a value.
Why coders opt for Python?
Python is easy to use, powerful, and versatile, making it a great choice for beginners and experts alike. Python's readability makes it a great first programming language. It allows you to think like a programmer and not waste time with confusing syntax even in 2021 over 25 years from its creation.
- Easy to read :- Python scripts have clear syntax, simple structure and very few protocols to remember before programming.
- Easy to Maintain :- Python code is easy to write and debug. Python's success is that its source code is fairly easy-to-maintain.
- Portable :- Python can run on a wide variety of Operating systems and platforms and provides a similar interface on all platforms.
- Broad Standard Libraries :- Python comes with many prebuilt libraries apx. 21K
- High Level programming :- Python is intended to make complex programming simpler. Python deals with memory addresses, garbage collection etc internally.
- Interactive :- Python provides an interactive shell to test the things before implementation. It provides the user the direct interface with Python.
- Database Interfaces :- Python provides interfaces to all major commercial databases. These interfaces are pretty easy to use.
- GUI programming :- Python supports GUI applications and has a framework for Web. Interface to tkinter, WXPython, DJango in Python make it .
Career oppurtunities in Python
- Software Engineer
- Python Developer
- Research Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Software Developer
- Game Development
- AI Engineer