Top 25 Interview Question of Human Resource Management
Top 25 Interview Question of Human Resource Management
Q1) Define HRM.
In simple words, HRM is a management function that helps managers’ recruit, select, train and develops members for an organisation. Obviously, HRM is concerned with the people dimension in organisation.
Q2) What are the various features of HRM?
The various features (or nature) of the HRM include:
- It is a systematic & continuous process.
- It is concerned with managing people at all levels of the organization.
- It is applicable to all commercial organization and non-commercial organizations.
- The principles and practices applied by the HRM are common to all organizations regardless of their nature, size, scope and purpose.
- It is a multidisciplinary & dynamic process.
Q3) What Is Performance Management?
Performance management is a system by which we should recognize and utilize the employee’s skill, efficiency and as well as identifying his/her drawbacks, negative points and try to remove those.
Q4) What Is The Difference Between Recruitment And Selection?
Selection is selecting a candidate without conducting any technical test. Selection is based only on personal interview.
Recruitment is a process of selecting an employee through a chain of processes (Aptitude Test / Technical Test >> Personal Interview >> Technical Interview >> HR Interview >> Finalizing the Offer).
Q5) Differentiate between HRM and HRD.
HRM and HRD are two sides of the same coin. The former includes all managerial functions related to HR while the latter is normally understood as the development aspect of HR such as training, employee empowerment, career development and organisation development. We have defined HRD in the beginning of this book as the “development of head, hands and heart of every man and woman working in an organisation.”
Werner and DeSimone have defined HRD “as a set of systematic and planned activities designed by an organisation to provide its members with the opportunities to learn necessary skills to meet current and future job demands.” This definition emphasises the learning aspect at work. In majority organisations, HRM divisions look after HRD functions also.
Q6) Tell Something About The It Payroll Status?
IT0003 is used to define the current payroll status of the employee like released, exit etc. We can lock the personnel number using the IT0003.
Q7) What Are The Ways To Transfer Applicant Data?
Using PBA7 and PBA8.
Q8) What are the managerial functions of HRM?
Managerial Functions of HRM:
- Planning – Plan and research about wage trends, labor market conditions, union demands and other personnel benefits. Forecasting manpower needs etc.
- Organizing – Organizing manpower and material resources by creating authorities and responsibilities for the achievement of organizational goals and objectives.
- Staffing – Recruitment & Selection of an employee.
- Directing – Issuance of orders and instructions, providing guidance and motivation of employees to follow the path laid-down.
- Controlling – Regulating personnel activities and policies according to plans. Observations and comparisons of deviations.
Q9) What are the factors that accelerate HRM in India?
Factors Facilitating Acceleration of HRM in India:
- Slow growth of HRM in India due to-
- Late arrival of the Factory System.
- Low Status of the Industrial Worker.
- Professionalization of Human Resource Management.
- Social Responsibilities of Business- Fair wages; adequate benefits; good working conditions; opportunity for growth; recognition of worker’s rights etc.
- Change of Government attitude.
- Abundance of cheap labour.
- Weak labour movement.
- Highly authoritarian culture.
- Technological backwardness.
- Instability in Employment.
- Unhealthy growth of Trade Unions.
Q10) What Do Day Types Mean?
Day types used to determine the particular day is payment relevant or not.
- 0 - Work/Paid,
- 1 - Time Off/Paid,
- 2 - Time Off/Unpaid,
- 3 - Time Off/Special.
Q11) What Is The Use Of The Feature Igmod?
It is used to define your Info group.
Q12) Explain the different types of promotion.
Promotions may be of following types:
- Horizontal promotion – This type of promotion includes an increase in responsibilities, pay and a change in designation. However, the employee doesn’t shift the job classification. For example, an assistant manager in HR department may be transferred to production department.
- Vertical promotion – In this type of promotion, an employee is moved to higher level in the hierarchy. This involves increase in pay, status and responsibilities.
- Dry promotion – This type of promotion involves increase in responsibilities and status without any increase in pay.
Q13) How Long Would You Expect To Work For Us If Hired?
I will be satisfied until the time I am able to learn and contribute and my contribution's are recognized.
Q14) What do you understand by time wage system?
Time wage system is generally known as day wage system or daily wages system. This system of wage payment is based on time that a worker devotes to his work at the workplace. The duration or period of time may be an hour, a day, a week, a fortnight or a month. Under this system no account is made for the actual amount of the work done by the workers.
As per this system the formulae are:
Wages = No. of Days Worked x Rate Per Da
Q15) Describe Your Work Ethic?
Work should give satisfaction to the people. If the person is satisfied with the work, he can perform more, it reflects in the growth of the organization as well as individuals.
Q16) What is career planning?
It is a process by which an employee decides his career goals and establishes a plan to achieve those goals. In order to set career goals, one has to identify his interests, knowledge, abilities and life goals. In today’s time, the organizations also assist their employees in the process of career planning. They provide information regarding various growth opportunities within the organization. They also conduct various training & development programmes. The organizations also benefit by assisting the process of employees’ career development.
Q17) What Position Do You Prefer On A Team Working On A Project?
It depends on situation, as I am being fresher for the job so I would like to join as fresher for the project. If you have, any prior experience for the particular job you need to express them because it is very important for you as nobody wants to work under his/her capabilities and you will not be able to give best of yours.
Q18) What is e-selection?
E-selection technique is an online tool used for the purpose of workforce selection. E-selection techniques instantly provide an accurate picture of the candidate’s fitness for a specific position, his strengths, weaknesses and his inherent potential. Such tools assist the HR department by making the selection procedure easier. It also minimizes the errors of selection processes by accurately assessing the personality of applicants.
Q19) Describe Your Management Style?
- To be sincere and honest at work.
- Not to involve in subordinate's personal matters.
- To provide a friendly environment (Prioritizing the work).
Q20) What Is Employee Retention?
Keeping your key, quality employees happily so that, the company would not lose them to the peer, competitive companies.
Q21) "customer Is A Key, Or Key Is A Customer," Describe And Express Your Opinion?
Customer is important for any organization because without them no business is possible.
Key is customer because they contribute in business by word of publicity. If they are satisfied, they spread their experience and this may increase the customers. In case, if they are not satisfied, we may lose customers.
Q22) Why Did You Take Hr As A Specialization?
I am a person who enjoys interacting with different levels of people. I believe this is a basic requisite for any HR Personnel.
In addition, I believe I can excel even in people management and hence HR is the right field where I can utilize my skills.
Q23) What Is Your Future Plans For The Company If Permanently Employed?
First, I want to be expertise in my field within 1 1/2 yrs. Then I will be in next level in this organization, which gives innovations and more responsibility.
Q24) What Is Performance Appraisal?
- It is a systematic evaluation of an individual with respect to performance on the job and individual’s potential for development.
- Performance appraisal is the assessment of individual’s performance in a systematic way. It is a development of the employee and the organization.
- The performance is measured against such factors such as job knowledge, quality and quantity of output, initiative, leadership abilities, supervision, dependability, co-operation, judgment, versatility and health.
Q25) How can we assess the training methods?
Assessment of Training Methods:
- Organizational requirements or weakness
- Departmental requirements or weaknesses
- Job specifications and employee specifications
- Identifying specific problems
- Anticipating future problems
- Managements requests
- Group conferences
- Questionnaire surveys
- Test of examinations
- Performance Appraisal