How to remove fake Google Reviews using your desktop?
Why Google Reviews are important?
Sometimes people intentionally leave a negative review on Google to harm your brand's reputation, regardless of whether or not they later feel guilty for their mistake, but let me tell you that once the review is posted on Google, it's visible to millions of internet users, though as an outcome, people might begin to develop a negative image of your brand in their minds after seeing the negative reviews.
People always read reviews before purchasing a brand or using a service, so your existing customers must give an honest review about your brand as the brand's reputation relies on reviews. On the other hand, when we review a brand/service negatively with the intent of revenge, it will negatively impact the brand's reputation. As a result, it has now become vital for companies to filter fake reviews from Google. However, the question arises as to how we can filter out fake reviews. Read the entire article to genuinely understand the steps.
Steps to filter fake reviews from your Google business profile.
- First of all, open the Google browser and type the name of your company into the search bar.
- Once you typed it, click on enter and wait for the search results to appear in front of you. The name of your company will have appeared on the right-hand side of the search page, just click on it and tap on the reviews option on the top.
- Once you click on the reviews option all reviews will have appeared in front of you, but to see the negative reviews you'll need to move your cursor to the 'sort by' option and click on it.
- When you click on that option you'll get four choices relevant rating, newest rating, the highest rating, and lowest rating, to see the negative reviews select the lowest rating.
- Once the negative reviews appeared, analyze the reviews and if you found any review fake or bogus then tap on the flag icon next to that review. To increase the chances of fake reviews being removed, you might also ask your's satisfied customers to flag fraudulent reviews on your Google business profile.
- Once you tap on the flag icon you'll be redirected to the 'Report a policy violation' page where you'll be asked to select the type of violation and enter your email address.
- Choose the type of violation relevant to your issue and enter the email address that you currently use and that's it you're done, once Google reviewed your request and find it genuine they'll take the necessary action against the reviews