Install Node.js on Windows
The Node.js framework is available for a variety of operating systems right from Windows to Ubuntu and OS X. You can download the latest version of Node.js installable archive file from https://nodejs.org/en/
STEP: 1 Installation of node-v8.11.4 LTS recommended for most users.
STEP2: Accept the terms of license agreement and choose the location where you want to install.
Step3: Ready to install: as shown
How to Install on Ubuntu: Run the following command step by step
- $ sudo apt-get update
- $ sudo apt-get install nodejs
- Install NPM(node Package Manager)
- $ sudo apt-get install npm
Verify installation: Executing a File:
- Create a js file named js on your machine (Windows or Linux) having the following code. console.log("Hello World!")
- Now execute js file using Node.js terminal to see the result:
$ node app.js
If everything is fine, output should be "Hello World"