What's new features and improvement in Angular 5
Angular 5 has been a lot of bugs fixes since Angular 4, that makes Angular 5 more reliable. Due to the Angular 5’s delay, Angular 6 should arrive in March or April 2018, followed by Angular 7 in September or October 2018. Each Version has the feature of backward compatible with the prior release.
Angular 5 features and improvement is based on the logs that are collected from Github from all Angular 5 beta and RC Versions-
Following is the list of Angular 5 major features and performance improvement:
Angular 5 Performance Improvement
- Angular 5 now has the native addEventListener method to register events. That gives a lot of performance improvement in faster rendering and it is the core functionality.
- Now it update to new version of Build-Optimizer
- Angular uses Static Injector instead of Reflective –Injector
- Add some more improvements in the Abstract class methods and Interfaces
New Router Hooks
- Added Activationstart and ActivationEnd router events.
- Two new Angular router hooks ChildActivationStart and ChildActivationEnd have been introduced to add the functionality of event tracking activation of individual routes.
Improvement in HttpClient
- It is used for communication by backend services over HTTP protocol.
- Improvement in Error handling and fetching error details.
- Improvement on Caching.
- Improvement on Type-checking the response.
Invalid CSS properties Detection
Angular 5 will now report the error if it finds any discrepancies in CSS while binding. It also shows the error for invalid CSS properties and syntax.
Angular 5 Bug fixes
- Now fixed the compilation error by using the correct type of providers.
- Do not strip CSS source maps, that is compiler related fix.
- Now it supports persisting dynamic style within in animation states.
- Now ignore @import in multiline CSS.
- Fix platform browser dynamic.
Improvement in Angular Compiler
- The Angular compiler now requires TypeScript 2.4.x.
- It allows multiple exportAs names.
- Reuse the Typescript typecheck for template type checking.
Router lifecycle Events
Added new router lifecycle events for Guard and Resolvers
Added features in Angular 5
- Add NgTemplateOutlet API as stable in common control.
- Added updateOn blur option in form controls.
- Added updateOn Submit option to form controls.
- Add representation of placeholders to xliff and xmb in the compiler.
- Added add default updateOn values for groups and array to form control
Following is the schedule for Angular 5 release
Like this post? Don’t forget to share it!